WHAT HAVE WE DONE? A Video The Entire World Should See: Most Of Us Are Simply Unaware! ARE WE REALLY UNAWARE?
MEA CULPA MEA CULPA MEA MAXIMA CULPA
The Entire World Should See – Most Of Us Are Simply Unaware – REALLY UNAWARE?
Collective Evolution -North East of Hawaii, the ocean currents form a giant whirl pool of debris from around the Pacific, the scientific name is called the North Pacific Gyre. It’s one of the largest ecosystems on Earth, comprising of millions of square kilometres. Today it’s better known as “The Great Garbage Patch,” an area the size of Queensland, Australia where there is approximately one million tonnes of plastic spread throughout the ocean. Drag a net in any area of this part of the ocean and you will pick up toxic, discarded plastic. Photographer Chris Jordan has documented this phenomenon.
I had been studying for quite a while the phenomenon called the Pacific garbage patch. I was looking for a way to visualize it, it was really surreal to land on Midway, seeing that my worst hopes of what I would find there are true. These are all albatross chicks, hatched out of their eggs and the very first meal they got wt and flies looking for food. They search over this vast area of the pacific and when they come back with is a belly full of toxic plastics, and they feed that to their babies. They die of starvation, malnutrition and chocking. Simply allow yourself to feel whatever it is you feel about this, without jumping to the way to solve it. Because I think we really need to feel these things, even if the feelings are uncomfortable, because those are the feelings that will turn into the fuel and drive passionate action – Chris Jordan The desire to change these things will put the human race on a journey to do so, and we are in the midst of it.
- Midway Journey (midwayjourney1.wordpress.com)
- Albatrosses Are Full of Our Plastic: An Interview with the Directors of ‘Midway’ (motherboard.vice.com)
- Check this out: “Midway” Film about the Great Garbage Patch (naivetocultured.wordpress.com)
- Why The Midway Islands Are Vitally Important To Our Planet’s Future (buzzfeed.com)
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch (greenschoolsalliance.wordpress.com)
- Midway Island, North Pacific Ocean, Unbelievable Trash! (theboldcorsicanflame.wordpress.com)
- Something The Entire World Should See – Most Of Us Are Simply Unaware (aworldchaos.wordpress.com)
- Polution: Midway Island, North Pacific (knowledgeablediplomat.wordpress.com)
- Something the entire world should see – most of us are simply unaware (sott.net)
- Something The Entire World Should See – Most Of Us Are Simply Unaware (collective-evolution.com)